We get it right the first time.
The services we offer are all designed to clarify purpose, motivate action and drive growth. Whether we are creating an integrated communications plan, conducting a communication team audit or leading a storytelling or executive messaging workshop, our approach focuses on collaboration and creativity grounded in proven methodologies.
LEADERSHIP COMMUNICATIONS AND ADVISORY SERVICES
- 100-day plans.
- Transitions – planned and unplanned – are standard fare in today’s business environment. We create customized communications roadmaps to properly position leaders and engage key stakeholders for long-term success.
- Leadership platforms.
- True thought leadership emanates from an executive’s belief system. We work to uncover the intersection between the executive’s personal passion and the enterprise’s purpose. We drive the platform across paid, earned, owned and social channels.
- Financial communications.
- Publicly and privately-held enterprises must communicate corporate performance in a consistent, clear and concise manner. We help craft narratives that translate the numbers and transactions into meaningful messages for all stakeholders -investors, employees, customers and community leaders.
- Change management.
- Progress is all about finding the common denominator to mobilize disparate parties. Using proven methodologies, including Kotter’s change management model, we help leaders engage with board members, employees and customers to achieve a shared vision.
- M&A planning and integration.
- Intimately familiar with disclosure guidelines, we work closely with investment bankers, lawyers and executive teams to develop communications protocols and messaging strategies during acquisition and integration periods or divestiture and restructuring announcements. Communicating the rationale of the deal and ensuring smooth transition plans are essential elements of the approach.
ASSESSMENTS, ANALYTICS AND RESEARCH
- Measurement and metrics.
- Effective marketing and communications programs rely on a set of meaningful metrics established before the work begins. We rely on a variety of metrics including activity, output, operational and outcome(s) to determine whether progress is being made.
- Agency reviews, evaluations and searches.
- Selecting an agency partner can be a time consuming and disruptive activity. As an impartial member of the marketing and communications profession, we understand the digital, advertising and PR world and offer corporate clients an agency evaluation methodology that is holistic, confidential, objective and fast.
- Communications audits.
- Understanding content, channels and message conflict is an essential component of a communications audit. We offer a comprehensive methodology to evaluate the impact and effectiveness of messaging across paid, earned, owned and social channels.
- Gap analyses.
- Objectively gathering and assessing information is core to building a smart strategy. We work with organizations and leaders to identify the overlap and white space associated with messaging in the workplace or the marketplace.
- Peer group audits.
- Whether the need is to benchmark an organizational structure, conduct a financial assessment or focus on best practices, through trusted relationships across industries, we gather confidential peer information to provide context and insights to drive a plan of action.
- Skills assessments.
- The marketing and communications profession has radically changed and will continue to evolve at a rapid pace. We bring our deep corporate experience, third- party tools and industry best practices to evaluate the roles, skills and talent required to drive performance in a competitive manner.
- Third-party spend assessments.
- With an appreciation and understanding of an organization’s culture and industry dynamics, we help dissect and deploy budgets to break through legacy budgets and recalibrate investments and reallocate funds to drive business priorities.
INTEGRATED MARKETING, COMMUNICATIONS AND MESSAGING STRATEGIES
- Reputation management and brand positioning.
- Protecting corporate reputations and building lasting brands or creating new brands is our bread and butter. Whether it’s addressing a vulnerability or tapping into marketplace opportunity, our approach is grounded in contemporary best practices and tailored to fit our clients’ culture.
- Integrated communications plans.
- Many enterprises suffer from siloed thinking and find it challenging to build cross-functional collaboration and communication. We are stakeholder agnostic and pride ourselves on addressing the needs of a cross section of audiences – from investors to customers, from employees to community groups.
- Employee engagement.
- In an age characterized by excessive information and an abundance of data, it’s essential to foster ongoing dialogue in the workplace. With an appreciation for the culture and a thorough understanding of the business priorities, our plans drive engagement, advocacy and performance.
- Issues and crisis management.
- Preparation is critical in managing risk, issues or crises. Based on front line experience, we advise, build plans and workshops and design scenario training modules and protocols to protect the enterprise, activate relationships and minimize disruption. We also offer real-time advice when an enterprise is in the heat of an issue – from media monitoring to content development.
- Strategic media relations.
- We maintain long-standing relationships with tier one media across traditional and digital channels. Based on our industry focus, our relationships with reporters, editors, bloggers and other opinion leaders are designed to drive fair and accurate coverage.
- Corporate social responsibility.
- Good citizenship goes beyond fiscal responsibility. We create strategic programs that reinforce an enterprise’s purpose, while benefiting society under the principle of doing well by doing good.
WORKSHOPS AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- We believe every company has a great story to tell and that storytelling has an important role in business communication. Great stories help communicate a concept, reinforce a message or create a memorable bond in an authentic way. We employ a trademarked methodology for business storytelling based on the Gaelic and Irish tradition of the Seanachaí®, the keeper of oral traditions and tales of the clan. We are also certified Ideo® Storytellers. Our approach helps leaders develop and deliver stories that are genuine, informative and memorable with a natural blend of emotion and entertainment.
- Messaging workshops.
- Solid messaging is the backbone of effective marketing and communications programs. Our messaging workshops include a series of engaging, thought-provoking exercises aimed at uncovering compelling themes that reflect the essence of the enterprise and resonate across stakeholders and influencers. Our certified trainers, leverage Simon Sinek’s WHY® philosophy, and devote time to understanding a company’s true purpose and values by translating the “why” into memorable and genuine messages for specific audiences.
- Financial disclosure.
- Publicly and privately-held enterprises must communicate corporate performance in a consistent, clear and concise manner. We help craft narratives that translate the numbers and transactions into meaningful messages for all stakeholders – investors, employees, customers and community leaders.
- Professional development.
- Speakers’ Corner® is a video-on-demand professional development tool for marketing and communications leaders and an advisory service for executives. Speakers’ Corner is designed to prepare communicators for message delivery, board presentations, industry pitches, speaking engagements or media opportunities. Learn More.
- Media training.
- Staying on message is both an art and a science. Working with our partners, we offer contemporary media training that empowers spokespersons to confidently engage with reporters and bloggers on news or feature topics.
- Presentation training.
- Presentation delivery is a critical skill for career advancement. Our experts specialize in this learned skilled and help executives embrace techniques and tips that drive audience engagement and message retention.
- Corporate summits.
- Face-to-face communications is still the most effective way to communicate. We help enterprises deliver high-impact, face-to-face experiences. We understand the strategic objectives, develop a compelling theme and produce integrated content, from speeches to presentation decks for corporate gatherings.
- Custom workshops.
- We offer a number of workshops designed to improve internal and external communication and collaboration. Many organizations have relied on Westmeath to design quarterly team meetings, address a specific topic or drive a facilitated session.
Branded Offerings and Events
We’re proud to have developed a number of branded offerings and events designed to promote collaboration, connections and professional development for leaders in our profession. We believe deeply that marketing and communications strategies should drive business results, and are constantly pushing our industry to deliver more.